Friday, August 8, 2014

Do Not Fear

I woke up in the night, around 3:30 AM, when my husband began receiving calls from concerned people in his home state to share the information that everyone is advised to take a bath with salt water to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus.

While I wasn't too happy to have my sleep disturbed, I was relieved to hear my husbands laughing response. Apparently many are taking the advice seriously and a very fearful that Ebola is spreading quickly.

Fear of the unknown is very common. Fear of what we don't understand and cannot see is even more common. It's no surprise that the most common theme Jesus addressed during his ministry was fear. He understood how fearful humans can be and he tried to calm our fears by encouraging us to put our trust and confidence in him.

It's so easy to make careless mistakes in life or to be faced by tragedy in the form of abuse, loss of financial security, floods or fires, betrayal, etc. Jesus certainly faced the first and last and provides comfort to those in pain or suffering from depression.

In times of uncertainty, do not forget to turn to God and seek comfort from the Word and in prayer.

1 comment:

essays 4 me said...

Your thoughtful post made me think of my fate a little bit...Maybe, I am complaining too much and there are people who need my help urgently. Thanks!